PKF is derived from the names of William Henry Pannell, Errol Kerr and William J. Forster. The history of the origins of the network can be traced back to the year 1845 in which the first founding company was formed in Dublin.
The nucleus of the present-day network was the merger of four auditing companies to become Pannell Kerr Forster International Association on 1 January 1969:
At the end of the 1970s, the first German companies join the international network, in order, with competent consulting, to support clients in their activities abroad. In January 2000, the original network name is abbreviated to PKF and the network is renamed PKF International Limited.
In 2002 eight independent German auditing and tax consulting companies form PKF Pannell Kerr Forster GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft in Germany. The aim was, among other things to harmonise the work and quality standards in order to guarantee auditing and consulting services at the highest level for the clients.
The company’s registered company name is changed to PKF Deutschland GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft in 2009. The registered head office of the network is in Hamburg.
Today the German PKF network consists of 8 member companies and approx. 1.300 employees (thereof 360 professionals) and is represented at 27 locations. The German PKF network achieved sales of about 130 million euros in 2017. Measured by sales and the number of professionals, PKF Deutschland is among the four biggest networks/ alliances of independent auditing networks in Germany.
PKF International has 400 locations in over 150 countries. About 18.500 employees, of whom 1.650 are partners, achieved sales of about 1.3 billion US dollars in 2017. The international network ranks in 15th place of the world’s auditing and consulting networks.