With more than 40 years of experience in the mass transit industry, PKF Munich can offer extensive expert knowledge in auditing and consulting. As well as standard consulting services, we are specialized in the fields of EU regulation adherence and transport-specific consulting.
The new EU Guidelines as an Opportunity in Urban Public Transport
The new EU regulations and guidelines represent a number of mid-term risks for public transport companies, but also bring opportunities for the well-prepared investor. Whether it is the increased need for transparency or changes in the funding guidelines, our specialists can help you to make the right decisions today, in order to profit from changing market conditions. PKF’s transport experts are in constant contact with the EU Commission and the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, as well as a number of transport-relevant research groups in order to guarantee our clients up-to-the-minute support that encompasses all of the latest developments.
In our PKF Annual Conference, we keep you up to date on the latest changes in legal, business and tax-related regulations in the energy and transport sector. Please contact us (see contact details below) if you haven't received an invitation in the past and are interested in participating.
Comprehensive Consulting for Transport Companies
Our experts in transport consulting offer individually tailored, comprehensive tools to ensure your company’s success. Our international and interdisciplinary team can solve your business, tax and legal problems, in both domestic and international markets. For international, cross-border issues, you can benefit from our worldwide PKF network, active in more than 150 countries. We have the connections you need to deliver the tailor-made consulting solutions that are right for your business.
The services you receive from your PKF Transport Consultant:
- Year-end auditing and pre-audit consulting (e.g. for private or public transport firms, public services, etc.)
- Business consulting (commercial concepts, separation accounting, cost accounting, route-performance P&L statements)
- Business valuation, due diligence
- EU-compliant financing concepts
- EU-compliant restructuring concepts
- Controlling concepts
- Conceptual design, implementation or evaluation of risk management systems
- Revenue and cost benchmarks
- Net equity certification/certification of economic performance in the course of vehicle funding
- Evaluation of claims under German law (§ 45a PBefG,§ 148 SGB IX, DÜV, etc.)
- Evaluation of claims for compensation under Regulation (EC) No 1370/2007
Design and Consultancy in the Allocation of Transport Services
Our experts advise and support competent authorities, transport associations and firms in the area of EU compliance and contract awards for transport services.
- Analysis and conceptual design of the tender process
- Preparation and support in writing tender offers
- Conceptual design and implementation of direct tenders under Regulation (EC) No 1370/2007
- Conceptual design and implementation of general regulations under Regulation (EC) No 1370/2007
- Analysis and design of financially viable transport
For EU-Compliant Documentation of Compensation Payments:
A Software Solution for Small and Middle-Sized Bus Companies
In cooperation with the BDO, the German Federal Association of Bus Contractors, PKF Transport Experts have developed a user-friendly software system. This allows bus companies to collect the data required by the Local Transport Association in claims for compensation from public funds, under Regulation (EC) No 1370/2007.
The system is based on the EU Commission’s procedures and facilitates the collection of documentation required for competent authorities with a minimum of effort. The calculations are based, on the one hand, on data from the P&L statement of the annual financial reporting of the firm (standardized with Datev interface). On the other hand, performance data such as fleet size, distance travelled and man-hours are also taken into account. For larger public transport and regional rail companies, we also offer tailor-made solutions.